Friday, February 7, 2014

Hello Spring?

Okay, well not quite Spring, but I am imagining that it is right around the corner with all this cold weather we have been having! Right now as I am typing, it is a chilly -5 degrees outside! Brrr! I think my project today was inspired by warmer weather and also the new Good Wood stack from DCWV!
This stack has so many fun wood grain prints that you are going to love!

I bought an unfinished wooden bird from Michaels and thought it would be fun to cover it using this new stack.
I love the texture that the wood grain paper adds! Even the wing looks like it has feathers! The HELLO is from the stack as well. It comes with alot of cute words and phrases to use! And see the background paper sheet? Loving that too with the fun pattern on it!

While I had this fun stack out, I also made a family name frame for a close friend of mine. I thought it would look perfect in her front entry way! This is how the frame looked before:

And after I was done with it:
I like being able to create things for my friends! It makes me so happy! The alphabet letters are cut outs from the Good Wood stack and so are the background papers. I cut the word family out in black and added the Est. 1996 with Basic Grey stickers. Oh, and I love the little silver brads I added to the corners to make it look like little nails were hammered into the wood letters! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! There alot of new releases coming out from DCWV that I know you are going to love! To see the latest ones, click here.

I am also sharing my little bird project with the SWAT blog! Here is a link to their blog with all the info.

5 comments:

Sara Andrews said...

Oh that wooden bird is just too cute!!

And your sign is such a thoughtful and perfect gift.

Elizabeth said...

What an adorable little bird! I love the wood grain colored papers you used! So cute! That name frame is beautiful! ! Love the brads too. What great and fun projects you did with this Goodwood stack! Love them!

Lanette said...

Such wonderful projects!! Thank you for sharing with us at S.W.A.T! (Make sure you add a link back to us to be eligible to win our prize pack)

Lisa P said...

What a fun bird. I love that! Thanks for sharing it with us at SWAT.

Charity said...

awwwwww, that bird is adorable!
Thanks for linking up with SWAT