Saturday, February 8, 2014

Good Wood cards

Yesterday I shared a couple projects I made using the Good Wood stack by DCWV. Today I wanted to share a couple of easy cards that you can make with this stack as well!
I love the "picket fence" look to this paper! I just cut a piece to size and added the sentiment and hearts. I then punched out a border and added some pearls. Ta-da! Easy peasy! I really love pearls with this paper for some reason. I think it is just the opposite textures that really appeal to me. :)

This next card was fun to make! I wanted it to look like the flowers were popping over the edge of the fence. :) First I cut the back ground paper to size. Then I found a small piece of scrap paper to use as a guide so that I wouldn't stamp on the fence portion.
 
I moved around the edges of the fence to create the stems. 
 When I was finished, I added some small punched flowers (with pearls of course!) and my sentiment. My mom is celebrating her birthday on Monday and I think she will love it!
I think this paper would look cute with a little bird or owl sitting on the fence, or maybe a cute animal peeking over the edge! So many fun ideas!

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome cards Angela! Love your stamping!!

Elizabeth said...

These are both adorable cards! I totally love the picket fence look and the stamped flowers is so cute! The bordered pearls are also a fun touch! I am loving this new Goodwood Stack!