Sunday, October 6, 2013

World Cardmaking Day favorite

How did you spend your World Cardmaking Day? I browsed through alot of great blogs and felt so inspired to try some new techniques and sketches! I only made a few cards this weekend, but have so many great ideas that I can't wait to try! Today I am going to share with you my favorite card from this weekend. I used the Printed Craft stack by DCWV. This stack is a 6x6 stack and is available at JoAnn Craft stores. It has a kraft base for all of the pages and some great prints on top of that!

Here is a closer look:

And here is my card!
What's not to love about printed craft paper, am I right? Love it!

Here are some instructions to make this card:

1. Cut a 8.5" x 5.5" piece of brown paper and fold it in half for the card base. 
2. Cut a 3" x 4.5" of solid kraft paper (found at the back of the stack) and adhere it to the center of the brown card base.
3. Cut a slightly smaller piece of the kraft and red scalloped paper to place on top of the solid kraft cardstock. Adhere.
4. Cut a 4.5" x .75 " piece from the kraft and wood-grain paper. Make a notch at one end to make the banner for behind the butterfly. Adhere. 
5. Cut out a solid kraft colored scalloped circle (mine is a 1.75" size from Stampin Up) and adhere to towards the top of the banner piece.
6. Add your embellishments: The butterfly pictured is by Jenny Bowlin, (but you could easily cut one out as well). I added some DCWV pearl gems and a small piece of scalloped white paper at the bottom.
7. For the sentiment, I first stamped it with White pigment ink, and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Doing it this way really made the white pop against the kraft background!
Thanks for checking out my blog! Hope your weekend was a great one!

1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

So pretty Angela! Really love the use of the rich colors on this card!!