Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sky's the Limit

Isn't this just a fun stack to even look at?? I was in love the first time I laid eyes on it! I am really digging the sun rays and clouds right now, so I was hooked! I couldn't wait to make something with it and I had the perfect picture in mind...

My daughter really loves rainbows and she is always looking for them and wishing she could touch one. I took this photo of her trying! Love this girl!
The background paper was a 12x12 piece of paper with a big ray of sun that went clear across the page. (I cut it down and used some of the leftovers for a card which I will show you below.) This page came together pretty quickly. I added my photo, and used alot of the darling cut outs that come with this stack. I adore the rainbows and fun sayings... The thing that I did to make it my own was to create a tag to hold the title on. I wanted it to stand out more. This is an easy way to draw attention to your title. I used some of the hearts in the stack and of course that cute little bird to finish it off. This whole stack just makes me happy!

Now for the card... 
 The background was a leftover piece from the layout above. I stamped a Stampin Up sentiment on a white strip of cardstock and adhered it two-thirds of the way down the card. I also used a scalloped punch and added a strip of blue under the sentiment. Next, I cut out the hot air balloon and clouds and layered them so it looks as though the balloon is floating through the clouds. Here is a closer look:
I just used foam tape to make one of the clouds stick out and to give it some dimension. 

Thanks for checking out my blog today! If you love things that can be found in the sky, check out this new super cute stack. It will be available at the end of the month at Michaels. You won't be disappointed I promise!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this layout and darling card! What a perfect picture too! I love how the rays of the patterned paper flow just with the rainbow! Super cute title too! And your card is so dang cute! Love the floating clouds! Love it!!

Ashley Horton said...

What an awesome photo, Angela!! And your page is perfect for the picture! Love the way you used the cute sun ray paper! And using the left overs on that cute card, was a great idea!

Kathy said...

You rocked this cute new stack, Angela! Love that it comes with the cutouts, which really make these creations pop!