Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Let's Rock!

A brand new school stack has come to JoAnn's stores this month and it is super fun! I can see using this stack for so many things even non-school related things... Hence the project I am showing you today. 
One of my favorite sheets of paper from this stack is a sheet of graph paper with some hand-drawn looking designs on it. I took a few of those designs and loosely cut around them in a fun way. I wanted to create some neat accents for the front of a CD holder I was making for a friend.
 Isn't the paper just perfect for this? Even the arrow is pointing the way to the opening! :) I also added some black and white washi tape and DCWV gems to jazz it up a little. (The CD holder is a premade one that I had leftover from an earlier project, but there are many online demonstrations on how to make your own as well.)

I wanted to decorate the inside too:
I hope my friend will love her new mix CD. :) I like to pick fun/silly music for her to pop in her CD player when she needs a pick me up.  What are your favorite songs right now that make you smile? I am really liking "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities and my very favorite, "Love Somebody" by Maroon 5. Such a fun upbeats songs that make me happy whenever they come on!

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

What a fun idea Angela! Love how you used the collection to cover the CD holder! Really cute! Imagine Dragons and The Lumineers are two of my faves right now!

Elizabeth said...

I love this project! Great way to use this fun stack Angela!! I love how you cut out around the grid lines. So fun! Great music too! ;)