Monday, June 23, 2014

DCWV / May Arts / Tom Bow Blog Hop!

 
Welcome to the DCWV/May Arts/Tombow Triple Threat Blog Hop! All this week, designers from these three great companies are sharing projects they created by teaming up some fun paper from DCWV’s Honey Chic stack, with a variety of adhesives from Tombow and some beautiful ribbon from May Arts. 

If you have come here from Debbie Fisher's blog then you're on track! If not, you can go back to any of the company websites and start the hop from there!   

Today I am sharing with you a fun "Summer Fun Book" that I created using DCWV's Honey Chic stack and May Arts ribbon. Can I tell you what a fun combination this was? May Arts ribbon match the Honey Chic stack perfectly and the colors are so vibrant! I also used Tom Bow adhesive and let me tell you how much I love it! It comes in so many varieties and strengths that you are destined to find the perfect one for any project!

Here is a close up look at the front cover:
 Each page was made using pieces from all the colorful patterned paper... I left a lot of room for photos and some journaling too!
 This page has an acetate overlay and I thought it would be perfect to mark off the summer activities you completed using a dry erase marker.




One of my favorite pages... I love the summer saying against the rainbow background!


One more thing I wanted to mention... I used some black and white patterned fabric washi tape to cover the tabs of my mini album. I love the look of black and white with this stack!


Be sure to visit all the blogs today and leave comments for your chance to win some great prizes!  Three lucky readers will win a Triple Threat prize pack of you own, including a stack from DCWV, a spool of ribbon from May Arts and Xtreme Adhesive, Power Tabs, Removable Adhesive and Fastener Tabs from Tombow.  Winners will be chosen from comments throughout the week, so make sure you check back daily to increase your chances of winning!  Also, please make sure you have popped on over to Facebook and “liked” each of the company pages (DCWV / May Arts / Tombow), because really, what’s not to like?!
Now, head on over to (the next person on the hop list) to see what kind of spring craftiness they have in store! 

List of Participants:  (only include the ones for your particular day)
Monday
Angela Alexander *you are here*

55 comments:

TracyM #6773 said...

FUN & FABULOUS book Angela - I hope you have FUN making HAPPY Summer memories and filling every pretty page :)
LOVE the colours and LOVE the ribbons that match these pretty papers perfectly!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

Elizabeth said...

What a super fun way to keep track of all the awesome things to do as a family! LOVE IT! You have inspired me to make one of my own!! Now just to get my hands on that Chic Stack! Thanks for sharing your amazing talents again!

Heather said...

what a fun mini. Love all the detail in it. very cool.

Amy C. said...

This is such a cute album! I love all the pretty papers!

barbara macaskill said...

How fun! I think I am going to make one of these for each of my grandsons to record their summer memories in! I think they will love this and it will make them take a small "rest" while they are writing or doodling in it each day! Win-Win! Thanks for the inspiration!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

You are so inspiring and love the bright fun colors of this DCWV Honey Chic stack! Such fun graphics and icons too!! Gorgeous May arts ribbons really jazz it up! Am off to scrap me one of these!

Anonymous said...

Great album. Each page is embellished so well. Love the page with the acetate so you can write and erase entries as needed.
thanks for sharing.

Sue D said...

The ribbons are perfect for this colorful summer fun book.

Unknown said...

Saw this project on FB and fell in love with it. Gorgeous! Love all the ribbon you tied to it.

Unknown said...

Such a creative and fun book ! Awesome ! I love all the summer goals !

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Oh my! What a fun little summer book! Great job!

Judy said...

What a cute little summer journal. I love the front and how you did each one of the individual pages. Thanks for sharing.

Marty said...

Love your summer mini such cute pages!

Waving My Wand said...

Gosh, this is so bright and cheery. I love it. I've been eyeballing that Honey Chic stack for awhile. I just need to go and get it!

Vicki said...

This is the cutest mini album I've seen in a long time. Love your choice of ribbons to go with the paper. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sara Andrews said...

Just perfect Angela!! Now get busy checking those things off!! ;)

Unknown said...

I love this creative book!

cghundley said...

Super cool album
and will be fun for
you to fill up this
summer!
Carla from Utah

WhoMom said...

Fantastic summer book. Love that there is room for writing and for pictures. Wonderful way to keep track of things with the kids too.

lindaplus3 said...

Wow!!! Such a beautiful book... The ribbons are soooo pretty... you did an amazing job... I have yet to try making something like that :)

Beth F. said...

Oh my goodness! This is such a fun book!

Laurie2cats said...

Great project, love the use of vibrant colors with a bit of black

Brandy said...

What a cute and fun idea! Turned out great!

Carol said...

What a fun project! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Ohhh love this mini !!!

Unknown said...

Such a cute album!

Scrappin' Diva said...

This is gorgeous! What a fun and pretty album!

Missy said...

This has got to be one of my favorite projects on the blog hop so far! I don't even know where to start.....I just LOVE it!

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

WONDERFUL and soooooooooooooo CREATIVE!!!! Everything goes so well together.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Ashley Horton said...

This album is adorable, Angela!! I love all of the fun, bright colors!!

Ashley Horton said...

This album is adorable, Angela!! I love all of the fun, bright colors!!

Create Beauty with Laurajo said...

Your summer fun book is darling!! I love every single page. So many pretty colors and patterns and they all look beautiful together. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle H. said...

Very beautiful!
TFS!

Linda T said...

You're book is just adorable inside and out! Love the ribbons.

Melody said...

This is a great idea.

lucretia said...

Your summer book is a fab idea. Thanks for the chance to win.

LauraEva said...

What a great idea! Love the summery colors! Great job.

Dianne said...

Love the book form. Looks great.

Dianne Bell - Sewpro02Aol.com

Unknown said...

What a great way to show off your personality!

Rachel said...

oh my gosh!! i LOVE this book! you did an amazing job decorating all those pages. this is amazing
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Ina Good said...

such a fun nook and use of the ribbons

Katie said...

Beautifully done! Such a fun book idea. Love these papers. And the ribbon matches wonderfully. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Kathy said...

My style of mini album: fun, bright, simple! You hit them all...love all those fun ribbons, the papers, and the design. I'll be lifting this for sure...thanks for sharing!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Looks like you're all set for summer! Great colors, great ribbons and accents for this cute album!

Robin B. said...

Super cute summer book! I love the variety of patterned papers.

Cropperhopper said...

I love mini albums, and yours is super cute! I never saw anyone use a washable marker with the acetate layovers! Brilliant!

Heather B. said...

Very fun mini album sure to be a winner.

Jan Garber said...

No summer memories lost with this little treasure!Love all the details!

Liz O. said...

Great mini, love the colors! TFS!

Janet said...

Such a fun mini!!! I love it!!!

marg0006 said...

Great looking mini album and pretty paper.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

Alexia Misso said...

Very cute mini album!

Shari Czerwinski said...

Cute mini! Love the ribbon!

Laurie said...

I love this mini album! I've been looking for ideas to make a summer themed one, too! Thanks!

Leslie L. said...

Very cute. I think I have that stack somewhere...