I have to admit, I have never ever done any kind of project like this before. I was scared I would mess something up, but in the end, the best part was making a mess! I tend to have a little OCD and it was great to just feel free and create something wonderful with little planning of any kind. :)
Onto my project...
I started with a blank 8x10 canvas. Next, I crumpled up some tissue paper and used modge-podge to glue it down to the canvas. Using some of the gelatos from Faber-Castell I started blending the colors into the background. I used my fingers and had alot of fun! These gelatos are fabulous and so easy to apply! To add some more coloring, I used the Faber-Castell markers to color some clear stamps I had and stamped all over the background. If you look closely, you can see words, circles, etc that I stamped.
Once all of that dried, I started adding in my sun and clouds. The sun was made using DCWV Fiber stack which has a nice texture on it's own. I used some of the Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle for the center of my sun and when it was dry I painted it yellow. I loved the whipped spackle! It looks like frosting and was so cool to try! The yellow behind the sun was made using the Faber-Castell wax crayons. They twist up and make me feel like a kid again! I loved that! The clouds were made with the DCWV Corrugated stack. I cut out the shapes I wanted, painted them white, added a little gelato coloring, and some glitter. The little raindrops are from the DCWV Cork stack. I tried to use different textures and show how they can all work together.
To finish my project, I added one of my favorite quotes. This quote means alot to me especially since the flood we went through last September. We truly need Him every hour, whether they be hours of sunshine or of rain. He is with us all the time, no matter what the forecast. :)
And a few closer pictures...
There's some great prizes too- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft and DCWV will be giving away $75 in product at the end of the hop. To win, follow the list below and leave a comment. The hope will end at 5pm EST on Friday, March 28th. The winner will be announced on Monday, March 31st on each of the company's blogs. For extra entries, follow Faber-Castell and DCWV on Twitter.
Faber-Castell Design Memory Crafthttp://designmemorycraft.typepad.com/
Thomisia - http://thomisia.blogspot.com/
Amanda - http://oldenough2beakid.blogspot.com
Rita - http://ritabarakat.com
Tiffany- http://iheartartblog.com/
***you are here***Angela - http://paperprojectsbyangela.blogspot.com/
Rachel - http://www.rwkrafts.com/

93 comments:
I can't believe this is your first mixed media canvas. It is totally amazing. I love the colours and fantastic texture.
Beautiful. Thanks.
that is so amazing to use the corrugated card stock as clouds
I love this. The colors and what it says!
Impressive! Great color and texture!
Great texture and true words.
Your clouds are awesome! (I love clouds anyway, lol) and the color blending is beautiful! Way to go!
love it--i think the clouds and sun are especially FAB! TFS!
Pretty card.....great job
I really like the corregated cardboard. Gives so much depth.
You created such a peaceful energy.
LOVE this!!
this is such a pretty canvas, angela! the dimension is beautiful and such a great message.
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com
One of the most fabulous and true canvas' I've seen in a long time. Love it!
Fabulous project! So fun. I must get some gelatos!
Your clouds are so cute, love them!
Last the inspiration this piece conveys.
Love this canvas.
Angela, how I love all the texture! So happy to be hopping along on this blog hop because I've seen some very inspiring posts. Need. Those.Papers!!
OCD people unite! LOL Love your project.
Beautiful canvas. A great message too. I love to make messes but haven't gotten into these types of messes yet. Going to have to change that.
Very pretty project!
Love your back ground...
I love everything about your bright canvas - the colours, texture and great quote! Well done - you should try mixed media more often!
Your creation has such a beautiful message to go along with the beautiful work.
really cute canvas
lOvE you quote! I also like the corrugated paper. Thank ;0)s for the chance to win...
awesome canvas. Love the background texture you created.
wow!!! This is amazing!
Lovely project.
(Poornima)
So sweet!! Love it!!
Love the tiny raindrops! Great piece!
So beautifully done, a happy project!
This just so sweet. I love it Angela.
Love it. I have tried the tissue paper but mine did not turn out as well. Love the clouds and the sun.
Beautiful card, thanks for sharing!
What a wonderful scene and quote! I love all the fantastic texture in the background and that soft green color!
Beautiful canvas. I love it! Especially all that texture.
Great job. I understand your feelings exactly. I keep putting off trying.
Thanks for sharing. Love your project.
Love everything about it, especially the sentiment. We really do need Him!
Very pretty canvas and I love your quote!TFS!
Beautiful Canvas and perfect for that quote TFS
Gorgeous. Really well done!
Love the textures!
Wonderful canvas--love the verse.
Very cute and cheerful! The quote is so true. Saying a prayer for you and your family.
This is so, so awesome Angela!! I have OCD with messy Mixed Media too, but I think you rocked your canvas!!
You did a great job. Love it and perfect for spring
Fantastic job for your fist canvas. You did an amazing job.
FABULOUS canvas Angela!!!
LOVE your colours and textures!!!
WOW - you have done an AWESOME job of your FIRST mixed media project, NOW I look forward to seeing what you create next :) ... I have to confess that I have only tried one mixed media project {so far} and it was really difficult for me to let go of my ruler at the time too.
Very awesome I just love it. Great bright colors!!
This is some great ideas for my art journal. I love the clouds. I need to get some of this spackle. Thank you
What a LOVELY canvas...love your words and it definitely is NOT a mess! Cool textures really felt by looking at it!
So pretty - love that big, happy sun.
isoscia at aol dot com
Beautiful project. Thanks for sharing.
This is soooo cute and I definitely love the statement made! I agree! Thanks for sharing!
That's an awesome canvas! Even though you used so many different textures, it all blends seamlessly together to create a very cohesive piece. Thanks for the inspiration!
Great texture on the sun and cloud. Love it! Thanks for sharing with us.
So cool...love the technique and texture
can i have this! it would look perfect at my house haha.
Thanks for sharing. New ideas and illustrations are so helpful!
You did a very beautiful canvas. I love it. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe
Great coloring and like the way you set up the sentiment.
marg0006 at Verizon dot net
Beautiful canvas! I love the colors and the sentiment, thanks for sharing.
Great textures and colors! It looks like so much fun to use-all these products together.
I absolutely love-lovity-love your project! I want to run to my studio right now and get to work! Thanks for the inspiration.
Awesome canvas! Wonderful texture in the background! Love that sentiment too!
You did a fantastic job on your first layout. Thanks for sharing.
Great job...love the quote. Thanks 4 sharing.
So cheerful - makes me smile
OMG! That's awesome! You really rocked the textures and the colors!
I love how your colorful, textured projected turned out. Maybe mixed media is for you.
I love the informal look of your canvas! These are my favorites to make also!
I love the sun!
So so true! We need him every hour! This a remarkable piece of art. You have done an outstanding job! Thank you
I love how you used tissue paper as the base, it adds wonderful texture. I'd never thought to do that! And Faber-Castell twist up crayons?! That's now on my must have list. Thank you for a beautiful project with something we need to be reminded of.
Great project! Love the colors and the corrugated clouds are very cool. Thanks for sharing your process too.
Katie B.
What an amazing and inspirational piece of art! This is beautiful, they way you used the Spackle to create the body of the sun is fantastic, it really caught my attention. I think that and the clouds are my favourite! Thank you for sharing.
love all the textures!
I HOPE to win. I have HOPE * I am BEing HOPE * I share HOPE !!!
Great project! Love the colors & texture :) TFS!
Beautiful project, love the clouds!
I think your canvas is amazing..love the clouds and sun, and the sentiment!
Job well done.
Great job on your first mixed media project!!
Now I want to know what the fiber stack is! The whipped spackle looks great, too. :)
love this... thanks for sharin
I love your techniques-the tips and creative process
LOVE THIS ALTERED CANVAS!! TFS
Beautiful! Love how you used the corrugated stack!
So lovely! :)
Love the textures, interesting use of corrugated paper , thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment