Monday, February 24, 2014

DCWV Stencils!

DCWV now has stencils!! They are giving their customers what they want and in such a variety of patterns! Here is a little sneak:
To see a video of these up close, you can check it out here.

For my project I used a fancy swirly design. First I cut my stencil out and taped it down to my plate. (This was a $2.50 ceramic plate I found at Wal-Mart)
Using a foam brush and some black enamel paint, I lightly dabbed on a couple layers of the paint (letting it dry a few minutes in between layers.) I let the final coat dry for a couple hours before peeling the stencil away from the plate.
When I was done, it looked like this:
I then baked it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees to set the paint, and let it cool. Baking time varies on what paint you get and some paints don't need any baking time.

And the finished plate:
 I love the way it turned out! What a fun way to turn a solid plate into a work of art! There are alot of stencils to choose from and they are all out at Jo-Ann stores now.

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

What a great project Angela! The stenciling looks beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

This is such a cool project! I love the black stencil on the red plate! So pretty! Great job Ang!!I am seeing some great gift ideas with this cute project! :)