Sunday, January 19, 2014

Vintage Collector Cards!

As promised, I wanted to show you some cards using the new DCWV Vintage Collector stack and coordinating embellishments! There are so many fun things with this collection that the possibilities for crafty creations are endless! Here are a few of my favorite cards:
 I used a Vintage chipboard frame and the "HI" from the alphabet cut outs in the 4x6 stack. I also added that cute chipboard typewriter! One of my favorite chipboard pieces in this set! So fun, right?
 Here is another card using a typewriter that I fussy cut from one of the patterned papers. I added some chevron washi tape and a strip of paper from the collection too. And I absolutely love the acetate overlay hearts! I am almost out of those and need to get some more! The sentiment is one that I created just for my best friend. :)
For this card, I used one of the embossed kraft cards that is in this collection. So pretty! I used a doily for the background and then added a Vintage chipboard frame and some little embellishments. The LOVE word is a cut out from the 4x6 stack, there is another acetate overlay heart and a Vintage brad. I can't wait to give this to my hubby for Valentines Day!
 This card was easy and fun! The card already comes with the hearts printed on it and so I just embellished it! I stitched on some, added me and my hubby's initials, an arrow, a stitched heart and the sentiment. Loving how this turned out!
This card also already came with the chevron background! I just cut out a word from the Vintage note cards, added a cute chipboard button, and other embellishments and ta da! A fun thank you card in just a few minutes!

Okay... And I know this is not a card, but I still wanted to share this clothespin that I made for my best friend to go with the card from earlier. 
I don't know if you can see it or not, but that brad is a little typewriter! I love it! I covered a 4.5" clothespin that I bought at Michaels with some of the Vintage Collector fabric paper. I printed out my sentiment, added the typewriter brad and some twine. I finished it off with a picture of us from a cruise we went on. What a fun time we had together!

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope that you are inspired today to create some crafty projects of your own!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I sure do LOVE ALL these cards!! The colors and patterned paper in this stack are so fun! I think I need this stack in my collection for sure!!I really love how you embellished on the patterned hearts card and of course my favorite is the Friend one! :) That close pin is adorable also! You are so amazingly creative how you just whip these cards up! Great Job Ang!

Ashley Horton said...

These are all so fab, Angela!! Love your cute cards!!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Angela, you did a fabulous job!!! The typewriter is the bomb!! Love your use of colors, and graphics together!