Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fall Family Frame

My favorite season is here... fall! Today I wanted to show you a cute frame I made using the new DCWV Spiced Cider stack. This stack is full of great fall patterns like leaves, apples, sunflowers, and wood-grains. It also has rich red colors, plaids, and polka dots! It is one of my favorite fall stacks out right now.
Materials needed to make this frame:

4x6 opening wooden frame found at Michaels
DCWV Spiced Cider stack
Modge podge & Foam brush
Embellishments: flowers, buttons, washi tape, etc..

Instructions:
Start out by tracing the frame onto the wrong side of the paper you will be using for the base of your frame.
Next, trace out the top and bottom paper pieces using the same technique.
This is what it what it should look like as you start to put the top and bottom pieces on.
I am sorry in advance that I did not take any other pictures from here on out, but I just glued down the paper to the frame using a foam brush and modge podge. Then I finished it up with some words from the stack and some embellishments.
If you look closely, the word "Our" and "Family" and the words across the top all came from this one page from the stack:
 
 I know you will love this stack as much as I do for all your fall photos and decor. It is available at Michaels Craft stores now.

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Love the Fall colors on your frame, Angela!! Looks great with the b&w family photo!!

Elizabeth said...

Another great project!! Love love love this! Love the colors you used for this frame and your cute family photo looks awesome in it!