Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Brought to you by the letter "A"

Yesterday I posted about the Burlap stack from DCWV and today I wanted to show you another project that I made using it. 
I bought this 10.5 inch wooden letter from Michaels for 79 cents! (It was in their clearance bin). I knew I wanted to cover it in burlap, so I got started...
I used my letter as a tracing tool and made my pattern... I cut just inside the lines so that I could see the edges of the wood when I was finished. (The Burlap stack is a 6x6 pad, so I used 3 pieces to cover my letter.)
I painted around the edges of my letter with a dark brown color.

 I used some craft glue to adhere the burlap to the wood and let it dry.
To finish it off, I hot glued some fall leaves, acorns, raffia and a ribbon on that I also bought at Michaels.
 I love this fall letter and have it hanging up above a bench when you enter my home. Hope this gives you inspiration to create something for the fall for your home too!

3 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Love this Angela! What an awesome home decor piece!

Benwah said...

Great idea. Love the new paper stacks. thanks for sharing your creativity.

gmtb said...

Awesome and so easy