Life can get pretty crazy when it comes to back to school time... Buying all the supplies, going to back to school nights, getting kids on the new schedule, etc... I haven't had much time to devote to scrapbooking until I had the chance to go out with my best friend one night. We went to Archivers for their Scrap Mania! We laughed alot, got a few pages done, and laughed some more. We get pretty silly when we get together! I thought I would share a couple pages from that night and also a couple that I have slowly been getting done at home.
The last one I made today for a *thought* at Thinking Through Design. This week, Erika and some of the other crafty ladies on her team use mixed fonts on their layouts. After looking at some of my recent layouts, I realized that I do that more often than not. I really am addicted to those little alphabet letters! One technique that I tried today was the using the reverse part of the cut out word. I have to say that I love the effect and how much attention it draws to the title.
On a side note, you might realize that many of these pictures were from quite a long time ago! I am slowly making progress on my scrapbooks from back when my kids were little. I am thrilled to be getting these done! Just a few more pages from 2006, then on to finish 2010! (I have 2007-most of 2010 done... I like to skip around.)
4 comments:
I am so happy to see that you added a layout to "Mr. Linky" at t*t*d. I enjoyed seeing your newest layouts and really like your style of scrapping! Glad to hear that you are making progress....I am still working on dds' high school albums and the oldest graduated in 2001 and the youngest in 2003, getting closer!
LOVE all of your pages Angela, and I am jealous of your trip to Archivers!! :) It's like the Disney world for Scrapbookers...maybe I will make it there one day!! Love how you mixed your fonts on the last one for the thought at ttd!!
I am so glad we got to scrap! I think my fav page is the one of you and Brian at San Fran! Turned out super cute! I also love the sweet sister page too. I will have to try that lettering style to make my pages pop!great job!!!
You work the mixed font titles very nicely! Nearly all of your layouts above have them. Thanks for sharing them with us, Angela! Great use of the negative cut font!
Post a Comment