Friday, July 6, 2012

Layout challenge with DCWV

A Christmas in July layout!?!? I just finished another Christmas layout last month as well... I think sometimes I am more motivated to get Christmas layouts done when life is not so crazy around the holidays! 


This layout I made for the DCWV July Stack-a-holic template challenge. I used paper from the "Christmas" section of the Ultimate Stack. Here is the template we were given:


I did take the horizontal picture out and just made my one vertical picture larger. (That is what is fun about making the layout your own!) If you would like to play along with the DCWV template challenge this month, you have until July 29th to get your submissions in! Just click here for all the details!

* I also thought this sketch was perfect for the lesson on grounding this week from Erika at Thinking Through Design.

5 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Love it, Angela!! The punched snowflakes are great embellishments and I love the purple you added...gives your page a great wintry feel for Christmas!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Another Christmas layout! Way to go Ang! I really love the snowflakes too! So cute!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

I love it....Christmas in July! Love your colors and neat family photo! Great job with the grounding and thanks for adding it to thinking*through*design site!

Colleen said...

Great layout! The banner across the middle and those hanging down to a great job of directing your eye to the great Christmas card. I might have to join you in Christmas in July... I'm not good about scrapping our Christmases.

Devra said...

Angela, I like how the photo is matted as well as the banner behind it. Great way to highlight and ground your photo. Pretty page!