Thursday, June 28, 2012

Let it Snow?

I feel a bit strange doing a winter themed layout in June with our record breaking 100 degree weather... I guess when you get an idea, you should just go for it no matter when it is! The layout I did today was for the CK Blog Issue Challenge #9. The challenge this week is to use a cupcake liner on your layout. I have seen these on other pages, but up until now have never tried it on my pages. I went to my cupboards and found some cute little mini cupcake liners for that had snowflakes on them. I knew that I wanted to use them on a page of my son catching snowflakes on his tongue. 


I simply cut the liners in half, and used them for a fun scalloped border! I really love the texture they add to the page!

Patterned paper: Echo Park "Everybody Loves Christmas", Punches: SU, twine, jewels

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable Angela!! Awesome way to use the cupcake liners and the snowflakes were perfect to go along with the theme of your page!! Love the fun mix of colors on this one!!

Elizabeth said...

This is such a GREAT layout Ang! The cupcake liners are such a fun embellishment! I really like this layout, and I think I will have to scrap lift it! So cute! And I love these pictures too!