I don't know why, but when I saw the Card sketch this week at Frosted Designs, I was thinking of a love theme... :) I know Valentine's day is not even close, but I just went with what I felt like making. (And I already had an idea rolling around in my head!). Here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it:
I moved the center circle to the side because I wanted to add my heart pins! I actually was thinking of making these heart pins first thing when I woke up... I know, I am weird!
I am also entering this in Erika's thinking through design challenge this month which is to fussy cut something on your project. For those of you that don't know what fussy cutting is, it started with quilting. To fussy cut is to target and cut a specific motif that's printed on fabric. It is the same with paper. I fussy cut out the big swirly flower pattern from a 12x12 sheet and then I also cut the little flower out of the same sheet of paper and adhered it down with some foam tape for dimension. I really enjoy cutting! For some reason it relaxes me... Gee, now I am sounding even more weird!
Here is the supply list and thanks for stopping by my blog!
DCWV: Fun in the Sun Summer Stack
Stampin Up: scalloped edge punch, heart punch
Kaisercraft: alpha letters
bling, sewing pins

5 comments:
WTG...great fussy cutting, love the colors!
Beautiful card! I love the little heart! Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs!
Very clever card and I love your interpretation of the sketch!! I also love the heart!! Too clever!!! Thanks so much for sharing and joining in our challenge at frosted designs x
Your card is pretty. I like the colors. The fussy cutting is great!
great card, love the heart with the pins, thank you for joining our challenge at Frosted Designs, hugs, martina
Post a Comment