Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Me...

One of my kids took this picture of me and I decided to scrapbook it finally! (If you look at my previous post, my friend Erika encouraged us to scrapbook more pictures of ourselves. I took the plunge and did it!) Not only did I use a picture of myself, I also did a couple of other things that I normally do not. First, I used gray! Yeah! I am really liking all of the grey in different kits that I am seeing right now. So pretty paired with a fun pink or yellow! Second, I am trying to be more "whimsical" by tilting some of my pictures lately and not worrying about everything being so symmetrical. Half of my brain is very O.C.D. and the other half likes to be fun and creative! I think this layout is a nice mixture of the two halves.... It's ME!


Background paper: Echo Park Style Essentials "Uptown" 
Paper Studio: pink and striped paper
Stampin Up: Rub-ons
Sandylion: flower stickers
Small alphabet: My Minds Eye "Lime Twist"

This is for the Frosted Designs Challenge based on this sketch:

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I really love this layout! The gray background looks great with the cute flowers and stripes! Which you love!! I think that picture is fabulous too! I am happy you scrapped this! You are motivating me to scrap one of just me as well. Love it!!

Ashley Horton said...

LOVE this page Angela!! The pink and blue look really awesome with the gray! And YAY for trying new things!! It definitely works on your page! And I really love your take on the FD sketch!!

alison said...

Good job on scrapping about YOU!! I find it extremely hard to scrap about myself. I'm sure my mother would have LOTS to say about me--but personally...not so much. So I applaud you for being able to do that!

Laurie said...

what a great page, I agree, it's good to make pages of us once in a while! thanks for playing along with us at frosted designs!

Unknown said...

Cute! Love the patterned papers you used for your layout. Thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs.

Channa said...

What a lovely page, cute colors. thank you for joining us at Frosted designs. Channa