Wednesday, June 13, 2012

DCWV/ Mary Arts Challenge

I submitted an idea to DCWV and May Arts ribbon and I was one of the lucky 25 ladies chosen! My task was to create something with this paper from DCWV called "Snapshot". It is a fun new collection that has bright cheery colors and Polaroid photos as the star!


and from this May Arts ribbon:


I knew right away I wanted to make something for my best friend and showcase some fun pictures we took together from our cruise in February! 

I started off by cutting the background pieces: (The inside measurements of the frame I purchased is 16 x 7")


I then added the scalloped edge, banner and title


Next, I added buttons tied with twine, my polaroid pictures from the Snapshot stack, and some fun saying to the bottom of each photo


I then added some finishing touches with some of the great embellishments in the Snapshot stack. I inked around the edges to give them just a little more dimension.

Another thing I did that you may not be able to see in the above pictures is that I stitched around each Polaroid picture leaving the tops open so that the photos could be interchangeable! I thought that it would be more something that you could hang on your wall long term that way. Here is a close up of the stitching...


To finish the frame, I had my hubby drill some holes at the top for me to run some ribbon through to hang it up


 And here is the final project!


I decided at the last minute that it could use a flower at the top for some added spunk! I made this flower by twisting some ribbon and gluing it down as I went.


Just a few more close ups of the final frame:


Thanks for looking at my project! Please go here and leave a comment saying that you liked my frame! Thanks so much!!

4 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

How AWESOME Angela!!! Congrats on being chosen!! You really rocked this out and I love how you used the Polaroids and I think adding the flower at the top was a great idea!! I will head over and leave a comment too! Hope you make it to the Top 10!!! :)

Erica said...

Amazing project!! I left a comment- good luck winning!

alison said...

Cute board--it turned out really great! I hope you win. :)

Elizabeth said...

This is such a cute altered frame collage! I SO LOVE IT!! The colors and banner are just perfect! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! (It is already hanging up!) :)