Sunday, June 17, 2012

Christmas in June?

I know, I am even shocking myself! I needed some pictures for a challenge I was working on and I seem to always have a ton of Christmas ones that are waiting to be scrapped! So without further ado, a Christmas layout in June...


I did this layout for the Club CK Issue Challenge #7. The challenge was to wrap twine or floss around an element on your layout. Mine is pretty simple where I tied it around the journaling strip, but I think it adds to the layout and ties the whole thing together. It needed that extra red "pop!" 

The added challenge that was optional was to include a photo of yourself. (I did include a small one on the bottom right corner of the first page.) I think it is important to include a photo of yourself when you can. Your kids will want to see you on the pages when they are looking at the scrapbook! If you don't like having your photo taken, read what my friend Erika says and it may change your mind! She says "I think it is important to remember, when your family sees YOU in a photo, they are not saying "Geez, mom should have put on some make-up" or "that blue shirt makes her look fat". She reminds you to not be so hard on yourself. I love that! Great advice Erika!

Patterned paper: Deja Views "Flurries & Frost"
Christmas trees: Stampin Up "Mini Medleys" stamp set
Title font: Cricut "Don Juan" 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a fun christmas layout! I love how you used the red ribbon around your journaling! It does give it that pop! I also love the cute picture of you in this layout!! :) It is a fun christmas layout!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love it Angela! That light blue background is so awesome with the red and green Christmas colors!! And I think the pop of the red twine was a perfect touch tied around your journaling area!!