Friday, May 2, 2014

May Stackaholic Challenges

The May Stackaholic Challenges are up on the DCWV blog today and they are great ones! 

Here is the layout sketch:
 

And the card sketch:

I had fun with these! For my layout, I used the Sweet Tangerine stack. This stack has beautiful patterns and just love it!
I used a couple of different patterned paper sheets to make my background, cut out some pieces to make my banner, added a title and a border and it was as simple as that! This is one of my favorite pictures of my daughter. She makes me smile every day. :)

For my card, I wanted to use some of the buttons from the sketch, so what better stack to use than the Vintage Collector stack? I will never get tired of this stack! It is full of my favorite color combinations!
I cut out some buttons on my Silhouette and added some twine for a fun look. Next, I adhered my buttons to a piece of burlap from the Burlap stack. The card base is part of the Vintage Collector line as well. I really love how this card turned out. 

Sketches are a fun way to get your creative juices flowing. I hope you will find time to play along with the sketch challenges this month. Entries are due on May 30th. For more info go to the DCWV blog by clicking here.

1 comment:

Ashley Horton said...

How cute is that photo??!! And I love the title on your layout Angela, and the card is really pretty!!