Tuesday, July 23, 2013

You are my sunshine

I feel like I haven't posted in a long time! Summer is keeping me busy with camping, kids, friends, etc. I have done a few pages since my last post, but for now I am just posting this fun page that I finished today. My inspiration came from these colors on the Life Paper Scrapbook blog found here.

My sketch inspiration came from the great Juliana Michaels sketch below. It can be found over on the Paper Bakery blog here.


Here is my take on the sketch and color challenges:


I tried to stay fairly close to the original sketch. I used a journaling card in place of the 2nd photo, and didn't add the 2nd big circle into the page. I just felt like I was squeezing too much on to one page since I had already sized it down. I love the end result however! I like these colors together alot!

Supplies used: Patterned paper: MME and Jillibean; Embellishments: MME and Simple Stories; Arrows: Silhouette 

5 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Adorable Angela!! Love that big sunshine on your page and the You Are So...card!! Great use of the colors from LPS, and I love how you used the Sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!! :)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Fabulous take on the sketch Angela! Love the stitching details you added and the color combo is fab as well! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Bakery!!!

Chantelle said...

fantastic page!!! you've used the colours nicely - thanks for playing along at LPS :)

NinaSt said...

I love the clean design! Great page! Thanks for playing along at LPS!

Alex said...

Adorable layout! Love that big sun! Thanks for playing along!