Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Things with Wings

Today's post is for the Fabulous Friday challenge at Frosted Designs found here. The challenge was to create a project that includes wings of any kind! I know I went the simple route, but I really love butterflies and I have been wanting to try this new 3D effect that I have seen others doing.


The paper is from the Butterflies & Blossoms stack from DCWV. To make the butterfly, I simply die cut 3 of the same image and then stitched them together down the middle. I adhered it to the card with foam tape to give it even more dimension. 

Here is an even closer look at the butterfly:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this spring card! The butterfly is awesome with the stitching up the center! Thank you for joining us this week at Frosted Designs.

Elizabeth said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the 3D butterfly! Another reason to learn to use my sewing machine!! :)

Sassy said...

Awesome - Love the touch of sewing. The butterfly rocks. Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs,

Unknown said...

Love all of the papers together!! The stitching and 3 layer butterfly look great!! Glad you joined us this week at Frosted Designs!!