Thursday, August 18, 2011

My recent project

My best friend turned 38 today and I wanted to surprise her with a fun handmade gift! I have been waiting to post this until today so I wouldn't give away the surprise... (By the way, she loved it!)

I took a deck of playing cards and turned them into this mini "Things I Love about You" album! I used the "A Walk in the Park" collection by Echo Park. Absolutely love their stuff! I decorated all 38 cards (plus the cover) differently and it was alot of fun! I printed out the sentiments on address labels, inked them and stuck them on, which made that process go a little smoother. I then punched holes in the cards about an inch in on either side and about 1/3 of an inch down. I punched the first one that way and then used it as a template for the other ones. To finish it up, I attached the binder rings and added some ribbon scraps! Ta da!
These would be fun for teachers with pictures of their students... or a grandkids mini album.... a mini trip book... I could go on and on. :)

I of course had to make a matching card too! :)

4 comments:

Haley L said...

You are so talented, it's scary. I meant what I said about homemade gifts being so special. Just wish I had that talent. Everything turned out just perfect!

Elizabeth said...

That is such an awesome gift!! It is so dang cute!! love it!!!

KrisJ said...

You are so awesome! That is seriously the most creative cute gift Ive ever seen! LOVED IT!! I almost stole it while it was on the table haha!!
And Maddie LOVES the frame you did for her.. seriously I dont know anyone more thoughtful than you!

alison said...

Oh my gosh--this is fabulous!