Thursday, May 26, 2011

Gift card holder tutorial

I recently saw one of these gift card holders made by a friend of mine. I thought I would try to make my own and give you some instructions too!

1. Cut a 4 x 12 inch piece of paper and score it at the 3", 4", 5", 6", 7", and 10" marks as pictured.

2. Fold the paper as pictured and staple the middle section together close to the edge. Sorry for the bad picture... Hope you can see what I am talking about... Here you can also corner round the edges to have a more finished look. Cut two pieces of paper (1 x 4") if you wish to tape over the staples.
3. Fold up and decorate as desired. I used the Echo Park Summer Days kit for mine. It goes perfectly with the Cold Stone gift card!

4. I then used some sticky velcro to keep it closed. You could also just use sticker or some tape.
5. Slip the gift card into the slot and you are done! So fun!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my- I love that card!!! Thanks for posting how to make one. Also I just have to say- your family picture at the header is beautiful- Brian is looking amazing!!!

Elizabeth said...

Love it !! That turned out so cute! That paper is darling!

Nettie said...

Super, thanks so much for the terrific directions. It is adorable!

Nettie